Privacy & Policy
Welcome to the Privacy Notice of the Advantage Rent A Car company within the Orlando Rentco LLC. group and their subsidiaries and affiliates, including, without limitation EZ Rent A Car., (we refer to this company as “EZ,” “we,” “us,” or “our” in this Privacy Notice). This Privacy Notice covers the personal information we collect, use and disclose through your use of our websites, mobile applications (“Apps”), products and services, either online or offline (collectively, “services”).
Independent locations or franchises, which we refer to as “licensees,” may use our names but are not owned or controlled by us. This Privacy Notice does not apply to the processing of your personal information by these independent licensees.
You can tell when this Privacy Notice was last updated by looking at the link and at the date at the top of the Privacy Notice. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the changes here. If we make a change that significantly affects your rights, we will notify you by way of a prominent posting on our websites and in our Apps, prior to the change becoming effective. If you have an account with us, we may also notify you about material changes to this Privacy Notice by e-mail (sent to the e-mail address provided in your account), through our Apps, or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective upon posting of the revised Privacy Notice. Use of our websites, Apps, products and services following the posting of a new Privacy Notice constitutes your acceptance of the revised Privacy Notice then in effect. As such, we encourage you to review this site from time to time for the latest information on our privacy practices.
BY USING ANY OF OUR WEBSITES, APPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE WILL COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, you can always contact us using any of the ways described in the CONTACT US section.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT, AND HOW WE COLLECT THEM
We collect information from you, directly and through third parties, in accordance with this Privacy Notice any time you contact us, interact with us in person, through our services or on third-party platforms, or use our websites, Apps, products or services. If you do not provide the information we request, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
- Some of the information we collect can personally identify you, including, for example, your name and contact information, birthdate, government identification, payment information, membership ID, program ID, whether you are a part of a corporate or rewards program, payment arrangements, insurance arrangements, and information related to your rentals or use of products or services we provide or enable. For example, when you make a reservation, or join one of our programs, we collect your personal information such as: your name and contact information; birthdate; driver license and other appropriate government identification; payment information, including credit or debit card information (we collect security codes when you make a payment, but we do not keep them); information to process your discounts, such as coupons, discount codes, and membership numbers or codes; and other information that may be necessary to rent you a vehicle, provide you with services or verify your identity. If you participate in an insurance program through us or are involved in an accident or property damage, we may collect additional information about your insurance provider and/or coverage.
- We may record or monitor any call you make to us for quality control, to enforce our rights, or for training or similar purposes. We may collect photos and videos in some instances, such as when you choose to share them with us on social media or when we receive a notice of a traffic violation that includes a picture or video. Our rental locations may also be equipped with cameras and/or video security surveillance systems.
- We also collect personal information about you from third parties, including information from third party travel booking channels; service providers; licensees; airlines, hotels, membership clubs, payment card companies, advertisers and other partners; from your employer; from your social media services consistent with your information sharing settings on such services; and from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your information with us.
- We may collect information about relevant health conditions when necessary to provide adaptive driving devices.
Connected Car Data
- Some of our rental vehicles are connected cars. A connected car is a vehicle equipped with features, telematics systems, on-board devices, or built-in services and technologies that are capable of collecting data about the vehicle and its use, including, for example, the vehicle’s condition, damage and accident events and records, performance, operation and diagnostic data, information on mileage, acceleration, braking, speed, fuel consumption, fuel level, tire pressure, odometer, location and direction, and other vehicle-related information (collectively, “Connected Car Data” or “Vehicle Data”). Typically, this information is associated with the vehicle only and maintained as non-personal information, as described in the Non-Personal Information section below. If we link this information to you, we will treat it as personal information.
- Use of features and built-in services and technologies in connected cars are subject to the terms and conditions posted by the vehicle manufacturer and/or the technology provider, which may include system and service limitations, warranty exclusions, limitations of liability, wireless service provider terms, and user responsibilities. Some or all of these features are turned on at all times, even when other services or other media in the vehicle are turned off. If you are unsure whether your rental vehicle is a connected car, please speak to a member of our team at the rental location or contact the Rental Station Manager. Details on the connected car features in our rental vehicles are also set out in the “Vehicle Details” section of the Rental Agreement. We cannot guarantee that a vehicle without connected car features will be available at your time of rental.
- Depending on the technology used in your rental vehicle, vehicle manufacturers and built-in services such as ‘Apple CarPlay’ or ‘OnStar’ may also collect Connected Car Data or other personal information from the vehicle pursuant to their privacy policies.
- We may collect information about your location from our websites, your mobile devices, and your visits to our locations. You may opt out of our collection of information about your location from mobile devices at any time by turning off transmission of geolocation data and push notifications on your mobile device.
- We may also at times connect certain location-related Connected Car Data to you.
- We may also collect or transform information so that it is maintained in a form that is not linked to a particular individual, such as vehicle information that is not connected to a passenger or other aggregated, de-identified or anonymized information (“non-personal information”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to non-personal information, which we collect, use and disclose for a variety of purposes. However, any non-personal information that is linked to or combined with personal information will be treated as personal information subject to this Privacy Notice.
Some of our mobile applications require you to log in to access your account or interact with your connected car. We may provide you the ability to log in or authenticate yourself using facial, fingerprint or other biometric recognition technology available through your mobile device. If you choose to utilize these login features, information about your facial geometry, your fingerprint or other biometric information will be collected by your mobile device for authentication purposes. We do not store or have access to this biometric information. Instead, your mobile device will perform the biometric authentication process and only let us know whether the authentication was successful. If the authentication was successful, you will be able to access the applicable mobile application or feature without separately providing your credentials.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
We use your personal information to:
- provide you with our websites, Apps, products and services;
- provide you with additional services or functionalities (for example, to provide remote lock/unlock, to remote disable engine/cancel ignition, and to automatically receive the vehicle location, odometer, fuel level and other information in connection with your rental);
- administer your rental, manage your rental records and to calculate your fees (for example, to automatically record the start of your rental, any exchange or upgrades, and the fuel or mileage usage and charges);
- diagnose problems, analyze trends, and assess our performances;
- provide roadside assistance;
- provide you with discounts;
- improve our operations and services;
- better understand our customers’ preferences;
- better understand how our vehicles are being used;
- tailor our services, promotions and offers to our customers;
- research and develop new products and services;
- maintain our fleet;
- recover lost, stolen or towed rental vehicles;
- interact with you in person, through our services or on third-party platforms (such as social media sites);
- provide you with, and improve, relevant marketing or offers from us and our partners, and to inform our advertising and marketing campaigns;
- run our contests, sweepstakes or promotions;
- enable third-party vehicle applications and services;
- improve road safety and reduce traffic;
- respond to legally binding requests from law enforcement, regulatory authorities or other third parties;
- ensure the security of our or another’s premises, property or other assets;
- defend, protect or enforce our rights or applicable terms of service;
- to prevent fraud or the recurrence of fraud;
- assist in the event of an emergency; and
- comply with applicable law.
You can set your browser or device to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features or services may not function properly without cookies. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our websites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal. As the internet and other e-commerce channels continue to develop, we may deploy and utilize different types of technologies to collect data regarding your visit or usage.
We use information about your location (including, at times, by linking personal information with location information of the rental vehicle you are using) primarily to locate our nearest rental location, send you location-based notifications (i.e., nearby special offers), arrival and return notifications, vehicle location, and upgrade availabilities. We also use information about your location for the same purposes we use your personal information, including to provide you with, and improve, relevant marketing or offers from us and our partners.
We may retain your information for as long as you have an account with Advantage Rent A Car, as needed to provide you our services, or as otherwise necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was originally collected and any other legitimate business purpose, including, for legal, archival, accounting, and/or audit purposes. If you close your account or request we provide you our services, we may retain your information because we have a legal, auditing or account obligations or it is in our archive system and cannot be separated from other information.
Your Opt-Out Choices
- If you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing e-mails: Click the “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an e-mail we sent you, or log into your account and update your profile, or contact any customer service representative.
- You can stop sharing the location information of your mobile device through the applicable ADV OR EZ App by turning off location services or by uninstalling the App. If you would like to uninstall the ADV OR EZ app:Use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the application marketplace or network from which you downloaded the app.
You may also be able to limit mobile interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app. You may be able to limit the use of location data for advertising purposes by adjusting your location services settings on your mobile device.
HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED
To facilitate the uses of personal information identified in this Privacy Notice, we may share your personal information with a variety of third parties, including our service partners and business partners.
We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers and partners to help us with our marketing and promotional projects, such as managing our social media pages, running contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, or to comply with your directions or any additional consent you have provided us.
We and our business and promotional partners send you information about products and services you may like. For example, we may help to arrange hotel rentals, flights or other services from our business partners, and share personal information with our business partners in order to provide those services and facilitate your reservations. We may also work with third parties, to allow us and our partners to deliver advertisements to our shared customers. Our partners may be able to provide more relevant offers to you based upon information that we share about your rentals, as well as information in your loyalty program profile. Additionally, we may allow third-party partners to recognize you when you visit that partner’s website or app, or to recognize you as one of their customers when you visit our websites or apps so that they may provide more relevant offers to you. You may revoke your consent to receive marketing and promotional e-mails and text messages from us and our business and promotional partners. Please note that revoking consent to receive marketing and promotional e-mails and text messages does not affect our non-promotional or non-marketing communications, including, for example, communications about the status and activities of your accounts, billing communications, responses to your requests, post-service feedback or survey requests, confirmations, and similar communications.
We may share website usage information, including searches, transaction and profile information (but not your name) with our partners for the purpose of making the online advertisements on our websites and other websites that display our advertisements more relevant.
We may also let you share some of our online content on social media websites through hosted sharing links and icons. We do not track or store a record of each time a third party shares our online content. If you choose to participate in posting or sharing activities, you should remember that it may be viewed by the public via ADV OR EZ’s website, in RSS feeds, APIs (application program interfaces) and may also be made available to other websites. As a result, your public activities may appear on third-party websites, blogs, or feeds. ADV OR EZ is not responsible for the information that may be shared publicly. Our websites may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie so that the Like button feature works properly. Any social media feature is governed by the privacy policies of the website providing the feature. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website you visit.
We may share your personal information with law enforcement and regulatory authorities or other third parties as required or permitted by law, including for the purpose of:
- responding to a subpoena, court order or other legal processes;
- defending, protecting or enforcing our rights;
- assisting in the event of an emergency; and
- complying with applicable law.
We may also share personal information with third parties in the event of an actual or potential merger or acquisition, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation. To the extent that local laws require it, we will provide you notice on our websites or via e-mail of our intent to transfer personal information to a third party for this purpose.
Personal Location Information.
We only share information about your location with:
- our third-party service providers to help provide our services or third-party services you have requested;
- third-parties for whom you have provided consent, including, for example, with partners who provide location-based marketing; or
- law enforcement and regulatory authorities or other third parties as required or permitted by law, including for the purpose of:
o responding to a subpoena, court order or other legal processes;
o defending, protecting or enforcing our rights;
o to locate an overdue or suspected stolen or lost vehicle
o assisting in the event of an emergency; and complying with applicable law.
HOW INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
The security of personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps designed to protect personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss. You are responsible for keeping your account safe. Do not share your passcode, membership and pin numbers with anyone. Please be mindful that hackers and scammers may impersonate us or our website. For more information about phishing, please visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing. If you suspect an unauthorized use or security breach of your information, you must notify our customer service as soon as possible! We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage if your account passcode, membership numbers and pin numbers are stolen or used inappropriately.
Our websites, Apps, products, and services are not for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you think we have received personal information from children under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
THIRD PARTY COLLECTION
Please always unpair your device and ensure that you take the necessary steps to remove your information from the system when you return the car at the end of your rental period. If you do not do this, your information may be retained in the system and could be accessed by anyone who is authorized to use the car.
We are not responsible for any data that is left in the vehicle as a result of your use.
We generally store your personal information in the United States. As a part of our normal business operation, we may at times need to transfer some of your personal information outside of the United States. If we do so, we will take reasonable steps designed to ensure your information is treated and protected no less securely than it is in the United States. This Privacy Notice is intended to be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and meet the laws and requirements of the United States, which may not necessarily be consistent with the laws and regulations of the country where you live.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, you can always contact us in the following ways. We may need to verify your identity before assisting with your request.
I want to…
|How to reach us|
|Contact Advantage customer service||
Mail: 1800 Pembrook Dr. Suite 306
Hours of Operation: 7:30am-5:00pm EST
|Contact EZ customer service||
Mail: 1800 Pembrook Dr. Suite 306
Hours of Operation: 7:30am-5:00pm EST
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We collect, use, sell or disclose personal information about you for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, such as to create your account, process your transaction or respond to your inquiry.
- To communicate with you, including via email, text message, push notification, social media and/or telephone calls.
- To improve road safety and reduce traffic.
- To operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the services.
- To market to you, including through email, direct mail, phone or text message, and to run our contests, sweepstakes or promotions.
- To personalize your experience and to deliver custom content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our websites, Apps, third-party sites, or on other devices you may use.
- To recognize you and remember your information when you return to our websites and services.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our property and services, including ADV or EZ vehicles, technology assets, and business.
- For testing, training, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To ensure the security of our or another’s premises, property or other assets.
- To defend, protect or enforce our rights or applicable terms of service.
- To prevent fraud or the recurrence of fraud.
- To assist in the event of an emergency.
- To evaluate, negotiate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ADV or EZ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ADV or EZ about consumers is among the assets transferred or is otherwise relevant to the evaluation, negotiation or conduct of the transaction.
- To comply with applicable law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
As described in our Privacy Notice, we share personal information with third parties for business purposes or we may sell your personal information to third parties, subject to your right to opt out of those sales (see The Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales below).
We disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Our service providers: We engage a number of third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as website hosting, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, marketing and advertising services, and other similar services, subject to contractual terms restricting the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for any other commercial purpose.
- Third parties at your request. We share your personal information with third parties with your consent or at your direction, including where necessary to validate your eligibility for a discount as a member of a third-party partner.
- Businesses as needed to provide services.We may share personal information with third parties you engage with through or to provide our services, or as needed to fulfil your request or transaction, including, for example, payment processing services or third-party travel booking services.
- Our licensees: We may share information with our licensees, particularly when we collaborate in providing the services to you.
- Our affiliate companies. We may share your personal information with other companies owned or controlled by ADV OR EZ, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as ADV OR EZ, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control, such as Zipcar) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns;
- Security providers. We may share your personal information with third-party security providers, for example, to detect, prevent, or otherwise address actual or suspected fraud, harassment, security or technical issues, violations of any law, rule, regulation or the policies of ADV OR EZ;
- Business partners. We may disclose personal information to third parties with whom we partner to provide contests, joint promotional activities or co-branded services, and such disclosure is necessary to fulfil your request or application;
- Ad networks and advertising partners. We work with third party Ad Networks and Advertising Partners to deliver advertising and personalized content to you on our services, on other sites and services you may use, and across other devices you may use. These parties may collect information directly from your browser or device when you visit our services through cookies or other tracking technologies. This information is used to provide and inform targeted advertising, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research;
- Analytics providers. We work with third party analytics providers to better understand the demographics of our users and visitors, and to personalize, enhance and improve our services;
- Social networks. We may disclose personal information, such as a unique identifier, hashed email address, or information automatically collected through tracking technologies, to social networks for the purpose of displaying personalized advertising and content on those social networks;
- Law enforcement and third parties pursuant to legal request. From time to time, we may disclose personal information as reasonably necessary to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- Third parties in the context of a corporate transaction. We may disclose personal information as reasonably necessary to evaluate, negotiate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ADV OR EZ’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ADV OR EZ about consumers is among the assets transferred or is otherwise relevant to the evaluation, negotiation or conduct of the transaction.
In the previous 12 months, we have disclosed all of the categories of personal information we collect, explained in the table above, to third parties for a business purpose.
Please note, when you submit a request to us, that request will only be processed with respect to the ADV OR EZ brand to which you have submitted such request.
Third-Party Tracking and Online Advertising
We utilize third-party partners to engage in online advertising. These ad networks, social media companies and other third-party businesses collect your personal information directly from your browser or device through cookies or similar tracking technology when you visit or interact with our website, use our apps or otherwise engage with us online. These third parties use your personal information to serve relevant ads on our websites, on other websites or mobile apps, or on other devices you may use, or to personalize content and perform other advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. These third-party businesses may use such information for their own purposes in accordance with their own privacy statements, which may include reselling this information to additional third parties, including other advertising networks.
Minors Under Age 16
We do not sell the personal information of consumers we know to be less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “Right to Opt In”) from either the minor who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a minor less than 13 years of age. Please contact us at CustomerService@Advantage.com to inform us if you, or your minor child, are under the age of 16.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with these Disclosures or other privacy-related matters, please address inquiries to us as described in the Contact Us section of the Privacy Notice.